225g dark chocolate
100g caster sugar
2 tbsp instant coffee
2 tbsp granulated sugar
2 tbsp boiling water
125g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Line a 20x25cm tin with non- stick parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add the dark chocolate and butter. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water and leave to melt. Once melted, allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and the caster sugar until it reaches the ribbon stage.
- In a bowl, add the instant coffee, sugar and boiling water. Using a hand whisk or an electric mixer, whisk until the mix becomes thick and fluffy. It will be like meringue at the soft peak stage.
- Gently fold the cooled chocolate mix into the eggs, then fold in the coffee mix.
- Fold in the brownies until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared tray for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer is inserted and comes out clean. Allow to cool fully before cutting into squares.
Per serving 422kcals, 27.5g fat (17.2g saturated), 38.9g carbs (26.4g sugars), 6g protein, 1.2g fibre, 0.175g sodium