First LNG truck facility in India: The long-haul, heavy-duty trucks from Blue Energy Motors, which intends to upend the Indian trucking business by producing clean energy, almost zero emissions vehicles, will run on LNG. The business was inaugrated by Union Minister, Nitin Gadkari. Blue Energy Motors has a contract in place with FPT Industrial, the global powertrain brand of the Italian Iveco Group, to launch the first LNG trucks with BS VI-compliant FPT Industrial engines.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
First LNG truck facility in India (Blue Energy Motors): Key Points:
- The introduction of the 5528 4×2 tractor will serve as the first model for the market entry of LNG-fueled trucks.
- Blue Energy Motors claims that its “trucks have been built and tested in compliance with the demanding duty cycles of the Indian transport industry.”
- These trucks, which have high-torque FPT Industrial engines, not only have the best TCO in their class but also provide unparalleled ride comfort and driver safety for long hauls.
- One of the most potent natural gas engines is the FPT Industrial engine, which is also compatible with CNG, LNG, and biomethane.
- To ensure best-in-class fuel consumption and lower noise than diesel engines, it uses multipoint stoichiometric combustion.
First LNG truck facility in India (Blue Energy Motors): Important Takeaways
- CEO Blue Energy Motors: Anirudh Bhuwalka
- President of Iveco Group Powertrain Business Unit: Sylvain Blaise
- Minister of Road Transport and Highways of India: Nitin Gadkari
Find More National News Here