About Nikhat Zareen
Nikhat Zareen won a gold medal at the 2022 IBS Women’s World Boxing Championships. At the international boxing association (amateur) Women’s Youth and The Junior World Championship in Antalya, she won the gold medal. She also won a bronze medal at the second India Open International Boxing Tournament field in Guwahati. With the win in the women’s World Championship Istanbul, Nikhat Zareen became the fifth woman in India to win a world title after Mary Kom, Sarita Devi, Jenny RL, and Lekha KC.
Zareen was born on 14th June 1996 in Nizamabad city of Andhra Pradesh (now Telangana). Her parents are Mohammed Jameel Ahmed and Parveen Sultana. For her contribution to sports, she was presented with electric scooters and a cash award of 10000 rupees by sports minister V. Srinivas Goud in 2020. She also works as the staff officer in the Bank of India zonal office at AC Guards, Hyderabad.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Boxing career of Nikhat Zareen
- 2011 women’s junior and youth Boxing championship- She won a gold medal in the flyweight division held at the AIBA women’s junior and youth World Boxing championship in Turkey. Zareen fought against Turkish boxer Ullu Demir and after 3 rounds she won the bout by 27:16
- 2014 youth world boxing championships- She won a silver medal in the Youth World Boxing Championship in 2014 which was held in Bulgaria.
- 2014 Nations Cup international boxing tournament- She won a gold medal at the third nations Cup international boxing tournament which was held in Novi Sad, Serbia on 12th January 2014. She played in the 51 kg weight category and fought against Paltceva Ekaterina of Russia.
- 2015 16th senior women National Boxing championship- The match was held in Assam and she won a gold medal at the 16th senior women National Boxing championship.
- 2019 Thailand open international boxing tournament- The match was held in Bangkok and she won a silver medal at the Thailand open international boxing tournament 2019.
- 2019 Strandja memorial boxing tournament- She won a gold medal at the Strandja Memorial boxing tournament which was held in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- 2022 Strandja memorial boxing tournament- She won a gold medal at the 73rd Strandja memorial boxing tournament held in Sofia, Bulgaria. Zareen fought against Ukraine’s Tetiana kob, who was a three-time European championship medalist.
- 2020 to women’s World Championship- Zareen won the gold medal at the women’s world championship on 19th May 2022. She defeated Thailand’s Jitpong Jutamas in the 52 kg category in the fly-weight finals in Istanbul, Turkey.
Nikhat Zareen’s Performance in 2022
Nikhat Zareen creates history by winning a gold medal in the IBA women’s World Boxing Championship in 2022. She defeated Thailand’s Jitpong Jutamas by 5-0. The score of the bout was 30-27, 29-28, 29-28, 30-27, and 29-28. She becomes the fifth Indian woman to win a gold medal in the World Boxing championship. Before Nikhat Zareen six times champions Mary Kom, Sarita Devi, Jenny RL, and Lekha KC were the only women to win a gold medal in the world boxing championships from India.
FAQs related to Nikhat Zareen
1. Who is Nikhat Zareen?
Ans. She won a Gold medal at the AIBA women’s youth and junior all championship and in 2020 she won a gold medal at the women’s World Championship.
2. How did Nikhat Zareen win the women’s Boxing championship gold medal?
Ans. Nikhat Zareen defeated Thailand’s Jitpong Jutamas by 5-0 in the private division of the 52 kg category.
3. How old is Nikhat Zareen?
Ans. Zareen was born on 14th July 1996 in Nizamabad, India and she is 25 years old.
Find More Sports News Here