Key facts l Key policy issues l Key recommendations l Table of contents
Publications and related work l Related pages l How to obtain this publication
Available to download : Evaluation and recommendations
ISBN number: 9789264179516
Publication date: 08/02/2013
This publication looks at regional innovation in Wallonia, Belgium, by examining the political context, governance issues and the role of innovation in the economy, along with regional innovation strategies to promote growth.
Key policy issues
- How can Wallonia speed the transformation of the traditional sectors towards higher value-added and more sustainable activities?
- How can policy makers endow the region with adequate human capital and critical mass to ensure this transformation?
- How can the innovation policy mix be rebalanced between supporting technology supply and supporting open innovation capacity?
- How can policy makers adopt more effective policies related to regional innovation?
- Increase the allocations for research and innovation within the budgets of the Region and the French Community.
- Structure the policy around the twin objectives of broadening and deepening innovation.
- Break down barriers in the governance of innovation policy and distinguish the functions of policy orientation, programming and execution.
- Improve the policy mix and add instruments that target innovation demand.
- Reinforce strategic intelligence throughout the policy cycle, such as i) the establishment of a “Research and Innovation Observatory” for analyzing and monitoring the regional situation, with feedback from beneficiaries and ongoing international benchmarking and ii) the generalization and professionalization of independent evaluations.
Table of contents
Évaluation et recommandations
Le système d’innovation wallon
Politiques d’innovation en Wallonie
Perspectives et recommandations pour une politique d’innovation en Wallonie
Publications and related work
How to obtain this publication
Readers can access the full version of Examens sur l’innovation régionale : Wallonie, Belgique 2012 by choosing from the following options:
For further information, please contact Karen Maguire: [email protected]