Shreya Lenka is the first Indian woman to ever have a successful career as a K-pop performer. Along with a Brazilian woman named Gabriela Dalcin, the 18-year-old from Odisha is currently a member of the well-known South Korean girl group Blackswan. DR Music, the recording company for Blackswan, released the information.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
- A programme run by DR Music to find and develop aspiring singers from all around the world selected Shreya, who goes by her stage name Sriya, and Gabriela (or Gabi).
- A picture of the two together was posted by the music label. According to the caption, the Cygnus programme aids with the realisation of the young artists’ aspirations.
- Hyeme, a Blackswan member, departed the group in November 2020, which is how Cygnus got started. Youngheun, Fatou, Judy, Leia, Gabi, and Sriya make up the band’s current line-up.
- After taking part in the six-month global auditions that DR Music announced last year, Lenka and Dalcin were chosen for the band.
- Lenka and Dalcin performed well together throughout the audition process, according to Philip YJ Yoon, director of D R Music Entertainment Korea.
- Both performers had to practise their Korean language, dancing, and vocal abilities as part of the programme, which began in December.
Find More Miscellaneous News Here