We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 23 August 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs August 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Click here for Current Affairs 21 & 22 August 2022
MoS Jitendra Singh unveils CSIR-KPIT developed India’s 1st Hydrogen fuel Cell Bus In Pune
i.On August 21, 2022, Union Minister of State (MoS-Independent Charge) Dr Jitendra Singh, Ministry of Science & Technology (MoST) launched India’s first indigenously developed Hydrogen Fuel Cell Bus in Pune (Maharashtra).
ii.It is co-developed by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)-National Chemical Laboratory (NCL), Central Electrochemical Research Institute (CSIR-CECRI), and KPIT Technologies Limited, an Indian multinational corporation headquartered in Pune, Maharashtra.
iii.This development is inspired by the National Green Hydrogen Mission.
About Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR):
Director General– Dr. N Kalaiselvi
Headquarters– New Delhi, Delhi
>> Read Full News
GoI Grants GI Tag to Bihar Mithila Makhana to Boost Farmers’ Income
The Government of India (GoI) has awarded Mithila Makhana from Bihar a Geographical Indication (GI) tag, which would enable farmers to get the maximum price for their premium produce.
- This decision is anticipated to benefit over five lakh farmers in the Mithila region of Bihar.
i. The GI has been registered under the name of Mithilanchal Makhana Utpadak Sangh, facilitated by Bihar Agricultural University.
- Generally, such a name provides a sense of quality and uniqueness that is mostly attributed to its origin.
ii.People outside of Bihar would be allowed to use this auspicious material with reverence due to GI Tag to Mithila Makhana in the festive season.
Geographical Indication (GI) Tag
i. A GI is primarily a product that comes from a specific geographical location, whether it be a manufactured product (handicrafts and industrial goods), a natural product, or an agricultural product.
ii.After a product receives a GI tag, no individual or company may sell a similar item under that name. This tag is valid for 10 years, after which it can be renewed.
iii. Other advantages of GI registration include legal protection for the item, prohibition of unauthorised use by others, and promotion of exports.
iv.Some of the well-known products that bear GI tag: Basmati rice, Darjeeling Tea (West Bengal), Chanderi Fabric (Madhya Pradesh), Mysore Silk (Karnataka), Kullu Shawl (Himachal Pradesh), Kangra Tea (Himachal Pradesh), Thanjavur Paintings (Tamil Nadu), Allahabad Surkha Guava (Uttar Pradesh), Farrukhabad Prints (Uttar Pradesh), Lucknow Zardozi (Uttar Pradesh) and Kashmir Walnut Wood Carving (Jammu & Kashmir).
Click Here to Know More Registered GIs
Procedures For Obtaining GI For Products
i. The proper procedure for registering GI products entails the submission of an application, preliminary examination and scrutiny, show cause notice, publication in the geographical indications journal, opposition to registration, and registration.
ii.Any association of people, producers, organisations, or authorities established by or under the law is eligible to apply.
iii. The applicant must represent the interests of the producers. The GI holder has the legal authority to forbid others from using the same name.
GoI Launched Phase 2 Of Grameen Udyami Project to Promote Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Among Tribal Youth
The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), in collaboration with Seva Bharti Kendra and Yuva Vikas Society, has launched the Phase – 2 of the Grameen Udyami Project, which aims to increase skill training in tribal communities in order to promote equitable and sustainable growth.
- It was launched in Ranchi, Jharkhand, by Union Minister Arjun Munda, Ministry of Tribal Affairs, as a boost to the Skill India Mission.
Grameen Udyami Project
i.The Rural Tribal Technical Training Program (Grameen Udyami) is a unique multi skilling project funded by the NSDC that intends to train 450 tribal students in Madhya Pradesh and Jharkhand.
- The Grameen Udyami project is implemented under the Sansadiya Parisankul Yojana.
ii.It is being carried out in six states: Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, & Gujarat.
About the Ministry of Tribal Affairs:
Union Minister – Arjun Munda (Khunti Constituency, Jharkhand)
Minister of State (MoS) – Renuka Singh Saruta; Bishweswar Tudu
>> Read Full News
Punjab & Haryana Agrees to Name Chandigarh International Airport after Bhagat Singh
Punjab and Haryana agreed to name the Chandigarh International Airport after freedom fighter Shaheed Bhagat Singh for its collective contribution of both states.
- As Chandigarh is the joint capital of both the states and Chandigarh Administration is involved in the construction and modernisation of the airport, both sides agreed to name Chandigarh international airport after Bhagat Singh.
i.Background – In 2017 the Punjab government had demanded that the airport should be named as ‘Shaheed-e-Azam Sardar Shaheed Bhagat Singh International Airport, Mohali’ whereas the Haryana government raised an objection over using Mohali, which falls in Punjab state in the airport’s name as it had given 307 acres of land in Mohali for the airport.
- The Rs 485-crore airport project is a joint venture of the Airports Authority of India (AAI) and the governments of Punjab and Haryana.
- Punjab and Haryana have 24.5 percent share each while the AAI has 51 percent share.
ii.This decision was taken during the meeting between Punjab chief minister Bhagwant Mann and Haryana deputy CM Dushyant Chautala.
- Haryana deputy CM Dushyant Chautala recommended the name of Panchkula to add to the name of the airport.
Government targets to eliminate Kala-azar from Country by 2023
The Government of India (GoI) has set a target to completely eliminate Kala-azar, also known as Visceral leishmaniasis (VL) by the year 2023. Kala-azar is a neglected tropical disease (NTD) transmitted by the bite of phlebotomine sandflies and is the deadliest parasitic killer after malaria
- The written reply in Lok Sabha by the Ministry of State (MoS) for Health and Family Welfare Dr Bharati Pravin Pawar mentioned that 625 blocks out of 633 Kala-azar endemic blocks have achieved the elimination target in 2021.
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) Neglected Tropical Diseases Road map has set a target to eliminate Kala-azar by 2030. India is now ahead in controlling Kala-azar by the following year.
Note: GOI launched Kala-azar control programme, a centrally sponsored, in the endemic states in 1990-1991.The National Health Policy-2002 set the goal of Kala-azar elimination in India by the year 2010 which was revised to 2015.
Indian Navy & SAC ISRO signed MoU for Cooperation on Satellite Based Naval Applications in Oceanology & Meteorology
Indian Navy (IN) and Space Applications Centre (SAC), under the aegis of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Ahmedabad, Gujarat, have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on data sharing and cooperation on Satellite based Naval Applications in Oceanology and Meteorology.
The MoU was signed by Nilesh M Desai, Distinguished Scientist, Director of SAC and Commodore G Rambabu, Naval Oceanology and Meteorology (NOM).
- The MoU also aims to encourage meaningful interactions and professional exchanges between IN and SAC. The area of cooperation includes sharing of non-confidential observational data, operation exploitation of SAC generated weather products and provisioning of Subject Matter Experts (SME) towards processing of satellite data towards development of new tools, calibration and validation of ocean models.
- This MoU is an extension of a previously signed pact in 2017.
Culture Ministry launched ‘Badhe Chalo’ Campaign under Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav
The Ministry of Culture (MoC) launched the ‘Badhe Chalo’ movement under Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav to create a youth-centric activation for greater outreach of Amrit Mahotsav.
The campaign was held across 10 cities every day from 5th August to 11th August 2022 and the Grand Finale of the event culminated on 12th August 2022.
- The movement witnessed 7 days of Power-packed performances across 70 cities.
- Badhe Chalo featured Flash Dances across 75 cities, at prime locations all over India. It aims to spread the message and spirit of the Amrit Mahotsav in an entertaining and enthusiastic manner.
BANKING & FINANCE
SEBI joins RBI’s Account Aggregator System
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) joined the Account Aggregator (AA) framework that will give a boost to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)-regulated Financial-Data Sharing System.
- This will allow customers to share information about their mutual fund and stock holdings with financial service providers.
What is done under AA Framework?
Under the framework, Financial Information Providers (FIPs) in the securities market, like depositories and asset management companies (AMCs) through their Registrar and Transfer Agents (RTAs) will provide financial information pertaining to securities markets to the customers and consented Financial Information Users (FIUs) through any of the account aggregators registered with the RBI.
- This account aggregator framework will make the entire trading system, depository system, and mutual fund system, online.
- Notably, all the 12 Public Sector Banks (PSBs) joined the AA Framework.
AA system was unveiled by the Central Government in 2021 to provide greater access and control to consumers over their financial records.
Account Aggregator (AA):
AA is a type of RBI regulated entity (with an Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC)-AA license) that helps an interested individual to securely and digitally access and share information from one financial institution they have an account with to any other regulated financial institution in the AA network.
- It replaces the hassle of long terms and conditions like sharing physical signed and scanned copies of bank statements, stamp documents, or sharing of personal username and password with a simple, mobile-based, simple, and safe digital data access & sharing process.
About Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI):
SEBI was constituted as a non-statutory body on 12th April 1988 and later it was established as a statutory body in 1992. The provisions of SEBI Act, 1992 (15 of 1992) came into force on 30th January, 1992.
Chairperson– Madhabi Puri Buch
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Indians Remitted USD 6 Billion In Q1FY23 Under LRS Scheme: RBI Data
According to the latest Reserve Bank of India (RBI) data, remittances by Indians under the Liberalised Remittance System (LRS) increased 64.75 % to over USD 6.04 billion in the first quarter (Q1) of fiscal year 2022-23 (FY23), up from USD 3.67 billion in Q1FY22.
- The amount remitted in Q1FY23 is even higher than in Q4FY22, when outward remittances under LRS reached USD 5.8 billion.
In Q1FY23, outward remittances increased as Indians increased their spending on gifts, international travel, and the maintenance of close relatives.
Liberalised Remittance Scheme (LRS)
i. The Liberalised Remittance Scheme (LRS) was launched on February 4, 2004, with an initial ceiling of USD 25,000.
- The LRS limit has been gradually revised to align with the current macroeconomic and microeconomic conditions.
ii.The scheme allows all residents, including minors, to freely remit up to USD 250,000 each fiscal year for any permitted current or capital account transaction, or combination of both.
Outward Remittance Under LRS Scheme
Note: Amount in USD million
i. According to the RBI’s August 2022 bulletin, around USD 2.02 billion was remitted in April 2022, followed by USD 2.03 billion in May 2022, and USD 1.98 billion in June 2022.
ii.International travel contributed USD 2.92 billion of the USD 6.04 billion remitted under LRS in Q1FY23, accounting for over 48.0% of the total amount remitted.
- Indians spent USD 856.43 million on international travel during Q1FY22, despite COVID-19 restrictions slowing down international travel globally.
iii. Maintenance of close relatives constituted the second-largest segment, with Indian remittances amounting to over USD 1 billion in Q1FY23.
iv.Money remitted under the category “gift” was the third highest segment, with India remitting about USD 770.66 million in Q1, up from USD 489.15 million in FY22.
v.Overseas education was the fourth largest segment, with USD 738.42 million remitted in the April-June quarter, compared to USD 1.16 billion in FY22.
vi.India’s remittances during the COVID-19 pandemic-related limitations in FY21 were USD 12.68 billion under the LRS, a decrease of 32.38 % from FY20 when remittances under the LRS were USD 18.76 billion.
vii. An all-time high of USD 19.6 billion in outward remittance under LRS was recorded in FY22 as a result of the relaxation of COVID-19 pandemic travel restrictions in various nations.
IRDAI set to launch upgraded version of IGMS as ‘Bima Bharosa’
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) is set to launch the upgraded version of Integrated Grievance Redressal System (IGMS), as ‘Bima Bharosa’, an updated version of the grievance redressal mechanism.
- The aim of this new version is to file complaints with more efficient options of customers that can be filed in up to 13 regional languages.
- Bima Bharosa will be in a time- bound manner for customers and messages will be sent to the petitioner’s mobile or e-mail ID after the complaint registration.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Govt extends tenure of Meenesh Shah as NDDB Chairman for 6 months
The Government of India (GoI) extended the tenure of Meenesh C Shah, an Executive Director (ED) of National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) to hold charge as the Chairman of NDDB for another six months until November 30, 2022.
- The post of a full time Chairman of NDDB is vacant since December 2020when the Chairman of NDDB Dilip Rath demitted office after being elected to the Board of International Dairy Federation (IDF).
- This marks the 2nd extension after the first extension on 4th January 2022.
iInitially the temporary charge was given to Varsha Joshi, a Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying.
ii.Maneesh C Shah has been holding the charge as NDDB Chairman since 1st June 2021.
About Meenesh C Shah:
i.He has multidimensional experience for more than 33 years in areas such as Research & Development, Product & Process Development, Project Appraisal & Finance, Cooperative Services etc.
ii.He was a part of the overseas Joint Venture of NDDB-Kiriya Milk Industries of Lanka Ltd., Sri Lanka.
iii.He is also on the board of several institutions such as Indian Dairy Machinery Company Ltd (IDMC), NDDB Dairy Services (NDS), Vidya Dairy etc.
IDF World Dairy Summit 2022:
India will host the world’s biggest dairy conference, International Dairy Federation (IDF) World Dairy Summit 2022 in New Delhi during September 12-15, 2022.
- Theme- “Dairy for Nutrition and Livelihood.”
About National Dairy Development Board (NDDB):
Headquarters– Anand, Gujarat
Founder- Verghese Kurien
Alkesh Sharma Nominated to UN Internet Governance Leadership Panel
United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has appointed Alkesh Kumar Sharma, Secretary of the Union Department of Electronics and Information Technology, to the 10-member Internet Governance Forum (IGF) Leadership Panel.
Other members on Panel:
i.Vint Cerf, an Internet pioneer and Maria Reesa, Nobel Prize-winning journalist were also appointed to the Panel.
- Vint Cerf is also sometimes called “the father of the internet” for being one of the developers of the internet’s architecture and the TCP/IP.
- Maria Reesa, a Filipino-American journalist who had been arrested in her home country Philippines.
ii.The IGF Leadership Panel also has 5 ex-officio members, including Amandeep Singh Gill, the UN Secretary-General’s Envoy on Technology.
- The members will have a tenure of 2 years, from 2022 to 2023.
About Alkesh Sharma:
i.Alkesh Sharma is a 1990 batch Kerala cadre Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer from Rajasthan and a former Secretary in the Cabinet Secretariat.
ii.Offices – He has earlier served the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) as the national project director for Urban Development and Poverty Alleviation.
- He was also the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director (MD) of Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation with additional charge as Member-Secretary and CEO of the National Industrial Corridor Development and Implementation Trust.
iii.Other posts – He has held the post of Joint Secretary, Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways; Director, Kerala Tourism; MD, Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation; Joint Secretary, Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways; MD, Kochi Metro.
- He was Director on board with Bharat Petroleum, Keltron, Western India Plywoods, Apollo Tyres, Geojit BNP Paribas and Indian Rare Earths.
About IGF Leadership Panel:
i.The Panel was constituted based on recommendations in the UN Secretary-General’s Roadmap for Digital Cooperation for dealing with strategic and urgent issues on the Internet.
ii.The panel advises on policy issues on the Internet in both the public and private sectors.
Paytm Reappoints Vijay Shekhar Sharma as MD for Five Years
Paytm has reappointed Vijay Shekhar Sharma as the Managing Director (MD) for five more years with a significant majority voting of 99.67 percent by the shareholders.
- He will be designated as Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the company and his remuneration is fixed for the next 3 years without any annual increment
i.The voting happened at the 22nd Annual General Meeting (AGM) of One 97 Communications Limited (OCL), which owns the Paytm brand, held virtually.
- This was the first AGM for OCL after it became a publicly listed company in the year 2021.
ii.The reappointment came in the backdrop of proxy advisory firm Institutional Investor Advisory Services India Limited (IiAS) that urged the shareholders in voting for the reappointment.
The shareholders also duly passed the resolutions for reappointment of Ravi Chandra Adusumalli to the Board; appointment of Madhur Deora as Whole-time Director designated as Executive Director, President and Group Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the company along with his remuneration and approval of contribution to charitable and other funds.
- The AGM also adopted the financial statements for the year 2022.
About Paytm Group:
Founder – Vijay Shekar Sharma
Headquarters – Noida, Uttarpradesh (UP)
New Long-Fingered Bat Species Discovered in India & Sri Lanka – Miniopterus phillipsi.
A new species of bat named Miniopterus phillipsi has been discovered in India and Sri Lanka by a team of 13 renowned researchers using DNA barcoded specimens.
- The 13 member team comprised researchers including 6 from Sri Lanka and 1 each from India, Russia, Switzerland, Hungary, the United Kingdom(UK), and the United States of America (USA).
i.The research team led by Tharaka Kusuminda of University of Rohana in Sri Lanka named the new species of long-fingered bats as Miniopterus phillipsi.
- The species was named after W W A Philips (1892-1981) in recognition of his contributions to studies on the mammals of Sri Lanka and South Asia.
ii.The discovery has been published in an international journal, Acta Chiropterologica under the title ‘DNA Barcoding and Morphological Analyses Reveal a Cryptic Species of Miniopterus from India and Sri Lanka’.
About the Species:
i.The long-fingered bats belong to the family Miniopteridae and are part of a large group comprising at least 40 species worldwide.
- They have similar morphology and overlapping dimensions making it difficult for their identification.
- Generally, the Long-fingered bats are cave and tunnel dwellers living in large colonies and this new species also resembles the same.
ii.The specimens for this species were collected from Idulgashinna cave in Uva Province in Sri Lanka and are now in the Natural History Museum.
- They were also found in the western ghats of India in Robber’s cave, Magabaleshwar.
iii.Background – The initial research was carried out in Sri Lanka in 2019 and was completed after 3 years to complete in both Sri Lanka and India.
Note – Recently, a team of scientists had discovered a new species of thick-thumbed bat, Glischropus meghalayanus from a bamboo forest in Meghalaya and was published in Zootaxa, a prominent taxonomic journal.
Cyrtodactylus aravindi: New species of bent-toed gecko found at Agasthyamalai
A group of researchers has discovered a new species of bent-toed gecko from Agasthyamalai hills (Western Ghats, Tirunelveli District, Tamil Nadu) in the Western Ghats. It was given a common name Aravind’s Ground Gecko after noted malacologist Neelvara Ananthram Aravind . The scientific name of the species is Cyrtodactylus Aravindi.
- The details of the species published in the journal, Vertebrate Zoology.
Note: Malacologists are the persons who study malacology (study of Mollusca). Mollusca includes animals like squids and octopuses, snails and slugs, and clams and mussels.
The research team led by Surya Narayanan which included Sandeep Das, Nithin Divakar, K.P. Rajkumar, Roshin Tom, Hopeland, Amirtha Balan, and V. Deepak as its members.
About Aravind’s Ground Gecko:
i.The gecko has so far been found only at two locations, Muppandal & Thuckalay, in Kanyakumari district falling within the Agasthyamalai biosphere reserve in Tamil Nadu.
ii.It has distinctness in the morphological character and molecular DNA data.
India’s GM R Praggnanandhaa Defeats World No.1 Magnus Carlsen, Finishes Runner-up in FTX Crypto Cup 2022
Young Indian Grandmaster (GM) R Praggnanandhaa (Praggnanandhaa Rameshbabu) defeated the World No.1 Magnus Carlsen of Norway and finished as runner-up In FTX Crypto Cup 2022, the American finale of Champions Chess Tour organized from 15-21 August 2022 in Miami, Florida, United States.
The FTX Crypto Cup, the 6th event in the Meltwater Champions Chess Tour took place August 15-21, 2022 on chess24.
- However Magnus Carlsen won the event on the basis of a higher score with 16 match points and R Praggnanandhaa secured second position, scoring 15 match points.
i.R Praggnanandhaa won the three straight games including two in the blitz tie-breaks to outwit Magnus Carlsen 4-2 in the final round of the FTX Crypto Cup 2022.
ii.This was the third time in just six months when Praggnanandhaa Rameshbabu defeated world champion Magnus Carlsen.
- It is noted that in May 2022, R Praggnanandhaa defeated Magnus Carlsen at the Chessable Masters online rapid chess tournament.
iii.Magnus Carlsen won the USD 1.6 million as prize money and the tournament’s unique NFT (Non Fungible Token) trophy.
Manisha Kalyan has set foot as the first Indian woman to play in UEFA Women’s Champions League
Indian Football striker Manisha Kalyan (20 year old) from Hoshiarpur, Punjab, has become the first Indian to play in the Union of European Football Association (UEFA) Women’s Championship League by making her debut for Apollon Ladies FC in the European Club competition in Engomi, Cyprus.
- In the 60th minute of the game Marilena Georgios was replaced by Kalyan at Makarios Stadium.
- The match was between Apollon Ladies FC vs SFK Rigma, in which Apollon won SFK.
- Manisha, the fourth Indian woman footballer to sign for an overseas club.
Former Jharkhand Governor Syed Sibtey Razi Passes Away
On 21st August 2022, Senior Indian National Congress(INC) leader and former Governor of Jharkhand & Assam, Syed Sibtey Razi passed away in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh(UP).
- He served as the Governor of Jharkhand from the year 2004- 2009 and as the Governor of Assam in 2009.
About Syed Sibtey Razi:
i.Syed Sibtey Razi was born on 7th March 1939 in Rae Bareli, Uttar Pradesh (UP).
ii.He started his political career as a student leader and then entered into active politics from the Youth Congress in 1969 and was made the president of the youth congress in 1971.
iii.Syed Sibte Razi was elected thrice as a member of Rajya Sabha from congress. He has also served as a Member of the Legislative Council(MLC) from congress for several times.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
VP Venkaiah Naidu unveiled the book “Sing, Dance, and Pray” on ISKCON founder, Srila Prabhupada
On 24th July 2022, Vice President (VP) of India, Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu, unveiled the book titled “Sing, Dance, and Pray: The Inspirational Story of Srila Prabhupada Founder-Acharya of ISKCON”, on the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) founder, Abhay Charanaravinda Bhaktivedanta Swami (Srila Prabhupada).
- The book authored by historian Dr Hindol Sengupta is a biography of Abhay Charanaravinda Bhaktivedanta Swami (Srila Prabhupada) founder of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON).
- The book is published by India Penguin Ananda imprint of Penguin Random House India (PRHI).
- VP Naidu mentioned Srila Prabhupada as one of the greatest ambassadors of India’s cultural heritage in the modern era.
International Day of Remembrance Of and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism 2022- August 21United Nations (UN)’s International Day of Remembrance Of and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism is annually observed across the globe on 21st August to honour the survivors of terrorism and also pay tribute to the victims of terrorism.
- 21st August 2022 marks the commemoration of the 5th International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism.
- The Theme of International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism 2022 is “Memories”.
>> Read Full News
International Day Commemorating the Victims of Acts of Violence based on Religion or Belief observed on August 22, 2022i.An International Day Commemorating the Victims of Acts of Violence based on Religion or Belief is observed annually on August 22 under the resolution A/RES/73/296 which was adopted at 73rd United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in 2019.
- The Day comes right after the International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism, 21 August.
ii.The day was proposed by Poland.
iii.This day strongly condemns the continuing violence and acts of terrorism targeting individuals, including persons belonging to religious minorities, on the basis of or in the name of religion or belief.
About United Nations (UN):
Secretary-General– Antonio Guterres
Headquarters– New York, USA
>> Read Full News
World Senior Citizen’s Day 2022- August 21World Senior Citizen’s Day is annually celebrated across the globe on August 21 to acknowledge the contributions of elderly people in human society and honour them.
- The day also recognises the senior citizens’ contributions in advancing the world by working as professionals and entrepreneurs throughout the course of their life.
>> Read Full News
List of Less Important News – Click Here
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 23 August 2022|
|1||MoS Jitendra Singh unveils CSIR-KPIT developed India’s 1st Hydrogen fuel Cell Bus In Pune|
|2||GoI Grants GI Tag to Mithila Makhana to Boost Farmers’ Income|
|3||GoI Launched Phase 2 Of Grameen Udyami Project to Promote Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Among Tribal Youth|
|4||Punjab & Haryana Agrees to Name Chandigarh International Airport after Bhagat Singh|
|5||Government targets to eliminate Kala-azar from Country by 2023|
|6||Indian Navy & SAC ISRO signed MoU for Cooperation on Satellite Based Naval Applications in Oceanology & Meteorology|
|7||Culture Ministry launched ‘Badhe Chalo’ Campaign under Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav|
|8||SEBI joins RBI’s Account Aggregator System|
|9||Indians Remitted USD 6 Billion In Q1FY23 Under LRS Scheme: RBI Data|
|10||IRDAI set to launch upgraded version of IGMS as ‘Bima Bharosa’|
|11||Govt extends tenure of Meenesh Shah as NDDB Chairman for 6 months|
|12||Alkesh Sharma Nominated to UN Internet Governance Leadership Panel|
|13||Paytm Reappoints Vijay Shekhar Sharma as MD for Five Years|
|14||New Long-Fingered Bat Species Discovered in India & Sri Lanka – Miniopterus phillipsi.|
|15||Cyrtodactylus aravindi: New species of bent-toed gecko found at Agasthyamalai|
|16||India’s GM R Praggnanandhaa Defeats World No.1 Magnus Carlsen, Finishes Runner-up in FTX Crypto Cup 2022|
|17||Manisha Kalyan has set foot as the first Indian woman to play in UEFA Women’s Champions League|
|18||Former Jharkhand Governor Syed Sibtey Razi Passes Away|
|19||VP Venkaiah Naidu unveiled the book “Sing, Dance, and Pray” on ISKCON founder, Srila Prabhupada|
|20||International Day of Remembrance Of and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism 2022- August 21|
|21||International Day Commemorating the Victims of Acts of Violence based on Religion or Belief observed on August 22, 2022|
|22||World Senior Citizen’s Day 2022- August 21|