Suella Braverman is UK’s new Home Secretary: Liz Truss, the new British prime minister, named Suella Braverman, a lawyer of Indian descent, as the country’s new home secretary. Priti Patel, who is of Indian descent, will be replaced in the position by Suella Braverman. Suella Braverman, a 42-year-old Conservative Party member from Fareham in southeast England, previously worked for the Boris Johnson administration as the attorney general.
Bank Maha Pack includes Live Batches, Test Series, Video Lectures & eBooks
Suella Braverman: Childhood and Education
Suella Braverman: Childhood
- The Hindu Tamil mother Uma and the Goan-born father Christie Fernandes welcomed Suella Braverman into the world on April 3, 1980 in India.
- While her father arrived in the UK in the 1960s from Kenya, Suella Braverman’s mother arrived from Mauritius.
- Suella Braverman was raised in Wembley after being born in Harrow.
Suella Braverman: Education
Suella Braverman attended Queens College in Cambridge after completing her legal studies at Heathfield School in London. Suella Braverman earned a Master’s degree in European and French law from the University of Paris 1, Pantheon-Sorbonne, and afterwards became admitted to practise law in New York.
Suella Braverman: Career and Husband
Suella Braverman: Career
- In the 2005 general election, Suella Braverman ran from Leicester East.
- In May 2015, Suella Braverman won a seat representing Fareham as a Conservative Party member.
- Suella Braverman served in the legislature and was re-elected in 2017 and 2019.
- In addition, Suella Braverman held the office of attorney general from February 2020 to September 2022.
Suella Braverman: Husband
In February 2018, Suella Braverman wed Rael Braverman.
Find More International News